Thanks for your interest in the Santa Barbara Sail & Power Squadron. We’re glad you’re here! If you’re interested in learning more about boating and making new friends, you’re in the right place.
The Santa Barbara Sail & Power Squadron is a local chapter of the United States Power Squadron, also known as “America’s Boating Club”. Our Santa Barbara chapter has been in existence for over forty years and we have over 100 local members in Santa Barbara and surrounding areas. Although some of our members are new to boating and just “learning the ropes”, many of our members are seasoned mariners who have raced or cruised extensively. Some have crossed the Pacific and even sailed around the world, and are a wealth of information. These club members frequently teach boating courses on seamanship, navigation, electronics and more.
Benefits of Membership
- Build your boating skills with boating courses on safety, seamanship, navigation, marine electronics, weather and more. Although some of our courses are available to the general public, most are available to members only. There is a nominal fee for each of our courses to cover materials.
- Make new friends. We have frequent get-togethers on members’ yachts and at their homes, as well as nearby restaurants and watering holes.
- Go on boating trips, cruises and rallies. We frequently have boat trips in our local waters, including multi-day trips to Santa Cruz Island, Ventura and Channel Islands harbors, and even Catalina.
- And more!
Single Membership: $97 – Join Now
Family Membership: $144.50 – Join Now
Family Membership is for up to three people in the same household.
- Steps to complete the process to join the Squadron and pay by credit card:
- Step 1: Click on “Join Now” above to select one of the membership options.
- Step 2: Go to the “my Account” page and click on “My Orders”
- Step 3: Fill out the required credit card information
- Step 4: Download and fill out our Membership Application Form
- Step 5: Scan and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is also a nominal fee for boating courses and this fee ranges depending on the text and materials included in the course. All of our instructors volunteer their time and there is no fee for their service.
So if you’d like to increase your boating skills and make new friends, we encourage you to become a member today.
Membership payments are also accepted via PayPal to email@example.com. You can also pay by check. Send your check and completed Membership Application form to Rich Ciolino, 675 Catania Way, Santa Barbara CA 93105
If you still have questions and want to discuss with our Membership Director, please take a few moments to fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you within 24 hours.
Thanks for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you soon!