Welcome to Santa Barbara’s Boating Club
The Santa Barbara Sail and Power Squadron (SBSPS), a local chapter of The United States Power Squadrons, has served our community for over 70 years, teaching safer boating and organizing fun events. We are passionate about boating and we love it. Boating is fun, we show you how to enjoy it - safely!
We are dedicated to making boating safer and more enjoyable by teaching classes in boating and safety, seamanship, navigation basic to advanced, engine maintenance, weather and other subjects. We are the premier source of boating classes and education in Santa Barbara.
VESSEL SAFETY CHECKS
We offer free Vessel Safety Checks to verify the presence and condition of Safety Equipment required by State and Federal regulations.
CRUISES and RALLIES
Enjoy participating with fellow members who have local knowledge and a wide range of experience. We welcome new boaters and count among our members sailors with world wide cruising and racing and experience.
We enjoy dock gatherings such as Ships and Dips, Progressive Dinners and events at Pacific Corinthian Yacht Club and other parties.
Most Recent Articles
- SEPTEMBER 2020 LITTLE SCORPION CAVES BY JOHN PROFANT
- AUGUST 2020 TRIP TO LADY’S HARBOR ON SANTA CRUZ ISLAND BY LISA BURNS
- JULY 2020 FATHER’S DAY TRIP TO PELICAN BAY ON SANTA CRUZ ISLAND LISA BURNS
- JUNE 2020 A MAY SHAKEDOWN CRUISE BY SCOTT BURNS, DENNIS JOHNS, AP, VIRGINIA JOHNS, P
- November 2019 Boating Safety in the Channel Islands