Welcome to Santa Barbara’s Boating Club
The Santa Barbara Sail and Power Squadron (SBSPS), a local chapter of The United States Power Squadrons, has served our community for over 70 years, teaching safer boating and organizing fun events. We are passionate about boating and we love it. Boating is fun, we show you how to enjoy it - safely!
We are dedicated to making boating safer and more enjoyable by teaching classes in boating and safety, seamanship, navigation basic to advanced, engine maintenance, weather and other subjects. We are the premier source of boating classes and education in Santa Barbara.
VESSEL SAFETY CHECKS
We offer free Vessel Safety Checks to verify the presence and condition of Safety Equipment required by State and Federal regulations.
CRUISES and RALLIES
Enjoy participating with fellow members who have local knowledge and a wide range of experience. We welcome new boaters and count among our members sailors with world wide cruising and racing and experience.
We enjoy dock gatherings such as Ships and Dips, Progressive Dinners and events at Pacific Corinthian Yacht Club and other parties.
Most Recent Articles
- October 2023 Cruise to Pelican by Lisa & Scott Burns and Virginia & Dennis JohnsBy Steve YorkOctober 11, 2023
- September 2023 It’s Always Nice in August, Right? Our Club Cruise to Catalina Island by Rich CiolinoBy Steve YorkSeptember 7, 2023
- July 2023 Adventures in Australia, Part 1 by Dennis JohnsBy Steve YorkJuly 11, 2023
- June 2023 Projects to Get to the Project; A Lesson in Spring Commissioning by Ed KaufmanBy Steve YorkJune 5, 2023
- May 2023 Surprise Visit by Virginia JohnsBy Steve YorkMay 4, 2023