Welcome to Santa Barbara’s Boating Club
The Santa Barbara Sail and Power Squadron (SBSPS), a local chapter of The United States Power Squadrons, has served our community for over 70 years, teaching safer boating and organizing fun events. We are passionate about boating and we love it. Boating is fun, we show you how to enjoy it - safely!
We are dedicated to making boating safer and more enjoyable by teaching classes in boating and safety, seamanship, navigation basic to advanced, engine maintenance, weather and other subjects. We are the premier source of boating classes and education in Santa Barbara.
VESSEL SAFETY CHECKS
We offer free Vessel Safety Checks to verify the presence and condition of Safety Equipment required by State and Federal regulations.
CRUISES and RALLIES
Enjoy participating with fellow members who have local knowledge and a wide range of experience. We welcome new boaters and count among our members sailors with world wide cruising and racing and experience.
We enjoy dock gatherings such as Ships and Dips, Progressive Dinners and events at Pacific Corinthian Yacht Club and other parties.
Most Recent Articles
- July 2021, The Summer Sailstice Sail to Pelican’s Bay, or How we get by with a little help from our friends by Lisa BurnsBy Virginia JohnsJuly 2, 2021
- May 2021 Lightning in Costa Rica by Dennis JohnsBy Virginia JohnsMay 5, 2021
- March 2021 Fish, Fishing & Catching by Garrett OsgoodBy Virginia JohnsMarch 3, 2021
- February 2021 A Tranquilo Baja and Back by Steve HodgesBy Virginia JohnsFebruary 9, 2021
- November 2020 Fuel Leak, Fender on the Loose, Sinking Kayak, Bees on Board, Dead Batteries, and Pirates – Oh Yes, All on a Lovely Cruise to Catalina by Rich & Peggy CiolinoBy Virginia JohnsNovember 9, 2020