Welcome to Santa Barbara’s Boating Club
The Santa Barbara Sail and Power Squadron (SBSPS), a local chapter of The United States Power Squadrons, has served our community for over 70 years, teaching safer boating and organizing fun events. We are passionate about boating and we love it. Boating is fun, we show you how to enjoy it - safely!
We are dedicated to making boating safer and more enjoyable by teaching classes in boating and safety, seamanship, navigation basic to advanced, engine maintenance, weather and other subjects. We are the premier source of boating classes and education in Santa Barbara.
VESSEL SAFETY CHECKS
We offer free Vessel Safety Checks to verify the presence and condition of Safety Equipment required by State and Federal regulations.
CRUISES and RALLIES
Enjoy participating with fellow members who have local knowledge and a wide range of experience. We welcome new boaters and count among our members sailors with world wide cruising and racing and experience.
We enjoy dock gatherings such as Ships and Dips, Progressive Dinners and events at Pacific Corinthian Yacht Club and other parties.
Most Recent Articles
- July 2022 Adventures Asea by Virginia and Dennis JohnsBy Virginia JohnsAugust 8, 2022
- JUNE 2022 BENCHMARK SURVIVES ITS SHAKEDOWN CRUISE BY SCOTT BURNSBy Virginia JohnsJune 7, 2022
- February 2022 News From Adventurer Sailors by Patrick White & Alyssa LewisBy Virginia JohnsFebruary 12, 2022
- NOVEMBER 2021 BUCKET AND CHUCK-IT or What to do when your toilet misbehaves by RICH AND PEGGY CIOLINOBy Virginia JohnsNovember 11, 2021
- October 2021 A Whale Tail (the picture that got away) by Lisa and Scott BurnsBy Virginia JohnsOctober 5, 2021